Friday, July 31, 2009

Mesilau Nature Resort : The Bornean Whistling Thrush

Introduced in The Photographic Guide To Birds Of Borneo as "Dark and romantic birds, evocative of deep shady gullies and misty mornings, they give an eerie ventriloquial whistle".

Shy they are not, but playing hard to get maybe the best way to describe their behavior here in Mesilau. They are easily seen foraging in the open, with the right approach one can get very close and capture those beautiful fine details.

I have yet to obtain satisfactory pictures of the male so far. They are more mysterious and cautious I guess. In the meantime...enjoy my borneensis;




P/s : Endemic status obtained thus correct Id is Bornean Whistling Thrush (Myophonus glaucinus borneensis) Thanks to Mr. Andrew Siani of Borneoavifauna.blogspot.

5 comments:

Sidney 'Siginoot' Guansing said...

As usual another masterpiece. Well done bro~!

Wai Yien said...

very nice thrush there...

borneoavifauna said...

Hi Bro,

This is nice and sharp picture. Just need to change the name which already being upgrade.The new name is Bornean Whistling Thrush, already one of our endemic bird.

Cheers

Anonymous said...

I want not approve on it. I over warm-hearted post. Specially the appellation attracted me to review the intact story.

Anonymous said...

Nice fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.