Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Scarce Passage Migrant: Digiscoped

Life couldn't be much easier...

Among other things that really impress me about digiscoping is the ability to videograph using budget digital cameras. In my case is the Nikon P300. With full HD features, the P300 is more than satisfactory in this department.

I am quite overwhelmed with my additional setup. Not that I'm complaining, I'm simply overjoyed..and frankly speaking, couldn't wait for my next outing!

It's light and really easy to carry around. I had the impression that it would be a hassle and restricts ones mobility before. Perhaps it might, depending on the shooting environment but I'm keeping my fingers crossed...

It's migration season, so we expected more visitors coming or stopping by here in Kota Kinabalu. We haven't seen any duckies but some good records of scarce and vagrants such as the Sharp-Tailed Sandpipers, Ruddy Turnstones, Marsh Sandpipers, Oriental Plovers and even the Red-Necked Phalaropes.

Again, I am keeping my fingers crossed on both hands to get hold of them, because at the moment I only have these guys and unposted Temminck's Stint.

P/S: All videos were recorded using Nikon P300+ED82 Fieldscope+30X WDS



No comments: