Monday, October 17, 2011

Borneo Bird Festival 2011(BBF2011): Borneo Bird Club (BoBC) pulled it off!

14-16 October 2011 marked another historic day for Sabah. Borneo Bird Club under the leadership of Borneo Bird Club's (BoBC) president Mr.Gary Albert successfully organized the 3rd bird festival. A remarkable achievement for the newly appointed president.

A close friend of mine, obviously i am very proud of him. Congratulation to him and his team who worked their socks off for the event!

My birding activity has been very slow this few months. A lot have been going on, I just thought I needed a rest really. Well, Holiday's over and it's time to hit the road again.

Before going off for Borneo Bird Festival 2011, I went to Penampang paddy field to pick up where I left off. I was rusty and struggled a bit to find my rhythm. On top of that, my eyes were a bit 'cloudy'. Not so easy under the scorching heat I guess. Obviously, no photos worth posting...

Anyway, my wife and I managed to attend this year's BBF2011. Nonetheless, this year's trip was not all for fun...

The sudden departure of my good buddy Aseng due to unknown illness shocked the world out off me and my wife. An avid contributor in all previous BBF, Borneo Bird Club (BOBC) paid tribute to him by displaying his photos during the festival. That, we wouldn't miss it for the world.

A ceremony of the 49th day of his passing was also held at his final resting place. That day, in Chinese belief is his final day before he crosses over to the next life...Again, we wouldn't want to miss it.

There's no words to describe how Aseng really means to us...

However, life has to go on...no matter what. He maybe gone, but the memories will last...funny thing is, he'll never grow old!..

Anyway, here's some of the photos taken during our time in Sandakan..hope you enjoy it;-





Mount Kinabalu-Know where to sit in the plane to get the best opportunity to photograph... Ron could only look & bite his nails LOL on our way to Sandakan..



A BIG smile from wifey...I'm in Sandakan!



Late Aseng's favorite shot of the orangutan...



Group photos...& he was smiling from above...



You remain "So close but yet too far" from us brother!



The backbone behind BBF2011 success..Mr.Gary Albert.



What are you guys selling??



Crazy for birds...



Working hard for a winning bird photo!



If you want to do it..do it right the 1st time every time...so you don't have to waste your time editing..



Again..book a seat upfront... I know mine, do you?? This was taken on our way back home to Kota Kinabalu.

No comments: