Friday, September 5, 2008

Crocker Range: I Left My Heart There

Well, well... It's been quite a while since my last post. Not as productive as I wanted to. However, I did fired my camera once or twice, to keep the rust away:-

1. Dragonfly
This shot was taken at the Labuan Botanical Garden. Obviously not the most uncommon dragonfly around, but when one is desperate enough...it can be an interesting subject to photograph. I wished I had a better angle of this shot, but that wish could make me end up in the lake!!

2. Ice Cream Boy
This is a colleague's son, making sure he didn't waste a single drop of his Icecream and still couldn't let go of the sweet memory! I'm not sure how to describe this look...just an attempt for potraiture and Black & White finish. Well?

3. Mountain Barbet (Megalaima Monticola)

Late May and June was an exciting month for the gang and I. Crocker range was the main attraction for our birding trips. I must say I missed the adrinaline rush. The birds were always present but the challenge was to take good pictures of them. As you can see...I would prefer a full body but I guess in wildlife photography, I cannot be too choosy or I'll end up shooting nothing...Mind you, this barbet is endemic to Borneo...

4. Ashy Drongo (Dicrurus Leucophaeus)

5. Ashy Drongo (Dicrurus Leucophaeus)

If you observe closely, there is a significant difference between this two. Maybe because of genre but frankly speaking I don't have any idea which one is male or female. The bottom picture has a rather dark eye compared to the top which has a red fiery ones. Why? beats me...

6. Bornean Stubtail (Urosphena Whiteheadi)

This little babe is quite special. Judging by the name alone tells everyone that it is a proud Bornean endemic. Tiny and not easy to spot, luck has everything to do with it for someone to spot this bird. Well, we were lucky that day...luck came rolling!

7. Black-crested Bulbul (Pycnonotus melanicterus montis)

I just love montane birds. Beside the beautiful colors, the crest really put iceing on the cake! Too bad I don't quite figured out the ID of the bird which at first I thought was a Black-crested Bulbul(It is...Thanks to Ron!). A help on this one is urgently needed and will be much appreciated!


I have this strong urge inside of me to go to the range again. I think I know why...I left my heart there...

1 comment:

Redzlan said...

Never mind long absenst.
You show five good pictures here.

Barbet is my favourite.

As for Bulbul ID, I don't know. Yours is a bit different in the eye. All the pictures that shown in the net are with white rim.