Monday, September 14, 2009

The Black-and-Yellow: The Colors of the Rainforest

Arguably one of the most flamboyant colored birds in the rainforest and probably the best looking ones(to me they are), the Black-and-Yellow Broadbill never ceased to impress me.

I've seen and photographed them in Sugud Forest Reserve (SFR) just outside of Kota Kinabalu Vicinity, but here in Sepilok that I've came up close and personal with them. Their sheer beauty complemented with their friendly behaviour is a photographer's dream come true.

During my recent trip to Sandakan, the Black-and-yellow Broadbill made my day just in the nick of time in Sepilok. I had lost hope when a sudden down pour took away a few hours of my valuable time there. Frustrated, I checked and rechecked my watch hoping to see 'light' from the barometer.

Indeed, there was hope. Just after 5.00pm, as promised by my watch the rain stopped and action began. Enjoy the colors of the rainforest, The Black-and-yellow Broadbill:-




7 comments:

Redzlan aka Tabib said...

Beautiful colour and nice eye contact in the 1st pic.

Borneo Born said...

This is one of my favourites too though I still do not have a good photo of it. Thanks for sharing.

myonlyphoto said...

Jordan wow I think they way I am going and blogging I will see all the 10 000 birds soon on other blogs. Such a nice photo. Thanks for sharing. Anna :)

Laura K said...

Spectular bird, almost gaudy, but amazing! Brilliant! A caricature of itself. : )

Laura K said...

Spectular bird, almost gaudy, but amazing! Brilliant! A caricature of itself. : )

Glennis said...

Never seen these wonderful birds before, great photos.

Nora Carol said...

macam-macam posing ni burung :D