Sunday, June 14, 2009

My First Family Potrait : The Little Pied Flycatcher

I had mixed feelings when I first found out. It was good to know someone's doing something about the birds here in Kinabalu National Park. However, it bothers me a lot. Seeing those little birds with tags and bands around their feet...a big NO in my opinion.

Whatever the cause is, is it really necessary?

Well, who am I to question their "scientific approach". I just hope they will come out with a different method.There must be another way to do it...

Before I proceed further, check out the "colorful" band on a fantail...and mind you there a two more on the other leg...and one is metal;


What do you think?

I've been searching for the Sunda Whistling Thrush as I mentioned before. Obviously no luck so far for me. Last week I nearly nail a shot...just nearly but not quite.

Arriving late (10.00AM) to the park, It was not until after 3.00PM that my wife and I had any better opportunity to photograph birds. I was about to give up when the perfect blue sky turned dark and it rained heavily for almost an hour!

I must have been very lucky coz yesterday alone I managed to record a complete family photos of the Little Pied Flycatcher, trust me;


Hopefully, I won't have to wait this long on my next trip!

3 comments:

Redzlan said...

Fantastic!, the whole family go inside you basket!.
Fledgling, male and female. Got any Little Pied's eggs picture? ;-)

Jordan Sitorus said...

Hahaha...I wish!!

Dale Forbes said...

that pied family is wonderful. thank you for following my blog - I really enjoy your blog with lots of wonderful photos!

Because the top bird is colour ringed, that means that someone is actually doing a project on them (probably right in that area) where it is important that they can identify individuals from a distance. I am sure they would be very happy to hear that you saw one of "their" birds so ask around and you should be able to find out who is doing the study. that way you can find out why they are doing it and then decide if you think it is worth it or not.

Happy birding!
Dale
http://alpinebirds.blogspot.com