Saturday, January 24, 2009

Blessing In Disguise?: I Wrecked My Car

Rufous Night Heron (Nycticorax calendonicus)

Unlike the fate of the Rufous Night Heron (Nycticorax calendonicus) above, I wrecked my car in a freak accident this morning on my way to work. The heron maneuvered effortlessly avoiding the power cables, while I lost control of my car...

It was around 7:50 AM when suddenly 4 kittens fell one by one from under the car in front of me as I was driving. I avoided the first two but not the third... that was the time when I was completely stopped by the lamp post. Still stunned, I saw the forth kitten fell as the car moved further not knowing what was happening.

I guessed they must have took shelter under the hood during the cold night. It rained most of the nights lately. I am heart broken to have killed one even by accident.

Blessing in disguise? I surely hope so...

1 comment:

Redzlan said...

If you a time and patience enough, you can clone out that wire with software.
Very easy with pic no 1 & 2, and not so easy to clone the feather in no. 3.
I hope your car was not so bad and okey by now.